How It Works
Selling your old mobile phone online in the UK has never been easier, quicker or more convenient, so we're going to give you all the information you need for complete peace of mind.
1. start by searching for your mobile phone and see how much cash it is worth by comparing prices from the best phone recyclers in the UK. Simply enter the model of your phone into the ‘Search Bar’ at the top of the page.
2. when you see the model of your phone appear, simply click on it and you will see a list of recyclers and the best price they will pay for your phone today.
3. once you've decided which recycler you want to sell your phone to, click the ‘Sell Now’ button and you will be taken to the recyclers website.
4. complete your order on the phone buyer’s website and then send your phone to them. You can request a post pack, or print your own postage labels to post your phone to them. Bozowi will go 1-step further and collect your phone from you free of charge via UPS courier services.
5. all you need to do now is sit back and wait for your cash to arrive, which can be on the same day the recycler receives your phone direct into your bank account or your chosen payment method.
Things To Do Before You Send Your Phone To The Recycler
To start with, you need to know which model of phone you want to sell. Is it a iPhone 4 16GB, or a iPhone 4S 32GB? Don't panic, there’s a very easy way to find out. Your phone has a 15 digit IMEI number which you can obtain by dialling *#06# this is a free service. Once you have your IMEI number, simply enter it here Check My IMEI and the exact model of your phone will be displayed.
Delete Your Personal Data From Your Phone
You should always delete your personal information from your mobile phone before you sell it and the easiest way to do this is by restoring your phone to its factory settings. In simple terms, this means resetting the phone to its original condition when you first bought it.
Every phone is different when it comes to wiping the data, but it will generally be in the ‘Settings’ of your phone. If you need any help in resetting your phone, contact us, tell us which phone you have and we'll email you the instructions free of charge.
In addition to this, you will be safe in the knowledge that the best phone recyclers will also delete the data from your phone as a secondary measure, once they receive your device.
Different phone recyclers provide different postal services, but in most cases the service will be free. Some will offer free standard postage and will send you a jiffy bag, but this will only cover the value of your phone up to £35, which is not a good idea if your phone is worth a lot more.
Royal Mail Special Delivery is the best option to use when posting your phone which is worth more than £35 and some recyclers will provide this service free of charge.
Bozowi will arrange to collect your phone from you free of charge via UPS courier services, but no matter which service you use, please ensure you wrap your phone well and securely.
Processing Your Order
Please be aware that your phone will be subject to an inspection when the recycler receives your handset. They will be checking to see if it works, if it has any damage, or if it is heavily worn. Occasionally recyclers may offer a revised price from the original price quoted if any of the above apply.
Recycling Broken, Damaged & Faulty Phones
If you have a damaged, faulty, broken or non-working phone, do not worry as some recyclers will pay up to 80% of the value of the phone even if it doesn’t work. Simply select the condition of your phone when placing your order to see how much cash you can get for your broken phone and read the requirements for each recycler.
If you have any further questions about mobile phone recycling that we haven't covered here, please let us know – get in touch here Contact Us, Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus